GET TO KNOW KRISTEN:
1. What town do you live in? Chatham
2. Where did you live before that? San Clemente CA
3. What brought you to the area? My husband got a job in Newark
4. What do you do (for a living or as a serious hobby)? Realtor and volunteer in my community
5. What’s your favorite feature of your home? The library, we have it set up so everyone in the family can be in the space using computers or reading together.
6. Where do you love to go on a date night? The Hills Tavern in Millburn
7. What’s music/album are you really into these days? Jazz, as it keeps me calm while driving around town. But I’m also a total Dave Matthews Band addict.
8. If you could have a super-power, what would it be? Is the ability to be in more than 1 place at a time a super power? If so sign me up!
9. What’s the best book you’ve read in the last 5 years? Wonder by Raquel J. Palacio a must read for the entire family.
10.What’s something that amazes you? Nature, between seasons & sunrises I’m sold.
11. Describe your family: Married with 3 boys in High School. The oldest is a Senior and the twins are Freshman. Don’t forget our 4 legged family member a springer spaniel.
12. Describe your ideal day: A walk with my hubby and the dog, breakfast out, a movie and nice glass of wine to complete the day.
13. Favorite local place to eat? Maries Deli which happens to have been spotted on Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
14. Who/What did you aspire to be when you were little? I was going to be a lawyer or an actress.
15. What is your favorite store? Loft and Amazon
16. Mountains or Beach? Growing up in Colorado that’s a tough one! I love water so being up in the mountains by a lake or sitting by ocean gives me an amazing sense of calm.
17. Favorite movie? Oh so many! I’m a product of the 80’s so I kinda love all the brat pack movies as I can recite all the lines.
18. What inspires you? My children! They are on the verge of leaving the nest and watching them grow and turn into young men is a wonderful thing to witness.
19. How would you describe your “style”? I would say I’m a blend of bohemian and classic preppy
20. Coffee or tea? Tea, I like my caffeine cold.
21. What charity are you passionate about/how do you live out “CareServeGive?I love anything that supports the arts and currently support the Chatham High School Performing Arts Boosters. Back in California I was also a huge supporter of the Illumination Foundation that helps homeless families.